In our notary office, you can sign an application for acceptance of inheritance based on a will (testamentary succession) or according to the law (legal succession), with no need for a personal trip to your homeland.
You can also issue a power of attorney to manage the succession case and delegate the authority to conduct a succession case to your acquaintances (relatives, lawyers) or representatives of our company, which has offices in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, etc.
All documents sign in our office are notarized with an apostille, and fully comply with the requirements of the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961 Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents (eng), Convention du 5 Octobre 1961 supprimant l’exigence de la légalisation des actes publics étrangers (fr).
The procedure for exercising to the right of succession consists of the following stages:
- Signing an application for acceptance of inheritance with a notary.
- Issue a power of attorney at a notary for the conduct of a succession case.
- Obtaining a death certificate.
- Collection of documents confirming the relationship (birth certificate, marriage certificate, other documents with necessary records, etc.).
- Title for inherited property (if any).
You must declare your rights for inheritance within six months from the moment of opening of the inheritance, which corresponds to the date of death of the testator. Certificates of the right to inheritance shall be issued to the heirs six months after the opening of the inheritance. If the six-month term for acceptance of the inheritance is missed, the acceptance of the inheritance can proceed through the court.